Updated August, 2016!
The best-selling, easiest, step-by-step, comprehensive guide to securing your home or business Android phone and tablet. Completely revised and updated for Android 4, 5, and 6.
Official workbook for the Practical Paranoia: Security Essentials Workshop. Designed for both workshop use and self-study. The entire workshop is contained within the book. Includes all instructor presentations, hands-on assignments, links to all software, security checklist, and review questions and answers.
You don't need to be paranoid to know they are out there to get your device, data, and identity.
- 2,000,000 laptops were stolen or lost in the US last year.
- Malware attacks on Android have become commonplace.
- Dozens of eyes may be able to see your name and password, along with the contents of every email you send.
- Once the bad guy has his hands on your device, it takes under one minute to bypass your password to gain access to all your data.
- With a slight bit of social engineering your Google account, along with all its data, is freely accessible.
- Through PRISM and other avenues, our government has access to your online browsing and email history.
You don't need to be a Google Guru to protect your device, data, and identity!
In this easy, step-by-step guide, CIO, Security Specialist, and Certified IT Consultant Marc L. Mintz takes any Android user, from the novice with no technical skills, to experienced IT professional, through the process of fully encrypting and hardening the security of their computer, data, email, documents, network, instant messaging, storage devices, computer, Google, browsing, and entire Internet experience.
Guaranteed to be the easiest to follow and most comprehensive Android books available.