Updated January 2016!
The best-selling, easiest, step-by-step, most comprehensive guide to securing your home or business Windows 10 computers.
Official workbook for the Practical Paranoia: Security Essentials Workshop. Designed for both workshop use and self-study. The entire workshop is contained within the book. Includes all instructor presentations, hands-on assignments, links to all software, security checklist, and review questions and answers.
You don't need to be paranoid to know they are out there to get your computer, data, and identity.
- 2,000,000 laptops were stolen or lost in the US last year.
- Malware attacks on Windows computers are commonplace.
- Dozens of eyes may be able to see your name and password, along with the contents of every email you send.
- Once the bad guy has his hands on your PC, it takes under one minute to bypass your password to gain access to all your data.
- With a slight bit of social engineering your Google and Microsoft accounts, along with all their data, is freely accessible.
- Through PRISM and other avenues, our government has access to your online browsing and email history.
You don't need to be an Windows Engineer to protect your system!
In this easy, step-by-step guide, CIO, Security Specialist, and Certified IT Consultant Marc L. Mintz takes any Windows user from the novice with no technical skills, to experienced IT professional, through the process of fully encrypting and hardening the security of their computer, data, email, documents, network, instant messaging, storage devices, computer, browsing, voice and video calls, and entire Internet experience.
Guaranteed to be the easiest to follow and most comprehensive Windows 10 book available.