Many of our clients have recently noticed a new alert appearing when opening files in Adobe Acrobat (both Reader and Pro). The alert reads: Content Preparation Progress. Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading."
Adobe support says this alert should normally not appear, but may with large (number of pages or file size) documents. I personally have seen it with a small 1-page pdf file.
Even if it appears, it shouldn't stay for more than a few seconds. However, more often than not, it simply sits there like an unwanted relative "just staying for a few days."
There is a fix:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat.
- Select Acrobat > Preferences.
- Select Reading from the side bar.
- In the Screen Reader Options area, click the Page vs Document pop-up menu, and then select Only read the currently visible pages.
- Click the Ok button and then return to work.
- You shouldn't see the alert again!